Monday, July 7, 2014

My my name is jasmyn polite . I am 19 years old and visually impaired due to glaucoma and Aphakia.

jasmyn polite
My name is jasmyn polite . I am 19 years old and visually impaired due to glaucoma and Aphakia. As a result, I wear glasses everyday. I have recently graduated from the Florida school for the deaf and blind with my standard diploma. I plan on going to college in the fall to peruse a major in early childhood ed to teach preschool at FSDB( Florida school for the deaf and blind). I have been going to Fsdb for 9 years and so far I've had a great experience there. I have made so many friends over the years at my school and have received good grades from my hard work.  Fsdb is also where I met my high school sweetheart.  
When I was a baby, I had to have cataract surgery . As a result, I developed aphakia. Then when I was 9 years old, I found out I had Glaucoma. Because of my eye condition, I must take eye drops for the rest of my life. I use accommodations such as a CCTV, magnifier, victor reader, zoom text, etc to help me with my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment